User’s Consent to Terms and Conditions for Membership Registration
Article 1 Purpose
Article 2 Notification and Revision
Any matter not stated herein shall be subject to applicable laws or regulations.
Chapter 2 Membership and Use of Services
Article 1 Definition of Member
Article 2 Approval of Membership Application
(2) Any person willing to become a member to use the services shall provide personal information required by Taewon.
(3) Upon approval of the membership application, Taewon shall provide the member ID and information that it finds necessary to the corresponding applicant.
(4) A user is not allowed to change his/her ID that he/she has entered upon applying for membership and only one ID shall be provided to a person.
(5) Taewon will reject a membership application if the user:
A. Registers with the name of other person;
B. Registers with the false name;
C. Registers false information;
D. files the membership application with an intention to disturb the stability of a society.
Article 3 Use of the Services and Restriction on Use of the Services
(1) The Services shall be provided for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year unless there are technical or business issues.
(2) If necessary, Taewon can restrict the aforementioned Service hours of the clause 1 of this article after notifying to the members.
(3) In case of the online consultation, it may not be possible to provide the online consultation service for 24 hours a day.
Article 4 Service Charge .
(1) The Services shall be provided to the members without any service charges.
(2) If Taewon decides to charge for the Services, it shall notify every information about the Service charges in advance.
Chapter 3 Withdrawal from Membership, Re-Subscription and Restriction on Use of the Services
Article 1 Withdrawal from Membership
(1) If a member is willing to withdraw from the membership, he/she shall request of withdrawal from the membership to an administrator by email.
(2) The member has to provide the name, social security number and cause of withdrawal. Then, Taewon will check to ensure that such information matches with the information provided upon joining of the membership and then, proceed the withdrawal.
(3) When the withdrawal has been proceeded successfully, the member can no longer log-in with the given ID/password.
Article 2 Re-Subscription
(1) If a user who has withdrawn from the membership pursuant to the article 1 is willing to join the membership again, the user shall request of re-subscription by sending an email to an administrator..
(2) Upon request of re-subscription, the user has to provide the name, social security number and telephone number to allow Taewon to proceed the re-subscription.
(3) Upon acceptance of re-subscription, the user shall be allowed to log-in with the previous ID/password.
Article 3 Restriction on Use of the Services
Taewon may restrict or disqualify a membership without notification in advance if a member:
A. engages in activities threatening good public order and customs;
B. engages in illegal activities;
C. plans to or uses the Services with an intention to hinder the national and/or social interest;
D. uses the ID and/or password of other person;
E. engages in activities intended for defamation of others;
F. has made the dual registration with the second ID;
G. interferes with provision of the Services;
Chapter 4 Restriction on Responsibilities for the Services
Article 1 Online Consultation
(1) Taewon shall take reasonable measures to prevent the disclosure of information revealed during the online consultation. Provided, Taewon shall not be responsible for the disclosure of information revealed during the online consultation and/or loss of information provided during the online consultation if:
A. a user discloses his/her password by negligence;
B. a user deletes the consultation by using a ‘Delete’ function;
C. the disclosure/loss is caused by force majeure events and/or circumstances that cannot be controlled by Taewon.
(2) In order to provide a comprehensive and proper answer to the member’s inquiry, a medical specialist may refer to the other online consultations and replies.
(3) Information exchanged for the online consultation can be used for the following purpose after deleting personal information.
A. Academic activities
B. Writing activities including prints, CD-ROM and others
C. FAQ, consultation and other Services
(4) Medical opinions given during the online consultation are subjective opinions of medical experts that are made based on their medical knowledge and experiences, not opinions of Taewon.
(5) In the following case, Taewon may restrict the use of the online consultation service.
A. when a user requests the online consultation for the same condition repetitively;
B. when a user uses verbal expressions that defy common sense;
C. when a user requests of the online consultation for medical diagnosis;
D. when a user requests of the online consultation to get information on medical charge, medical examination charge, medicine price and others.
Article 2 Information Service
(1) Information provided from the Services is rather general, and it is for reference only, and it must not be considered as the medical diagnosis. Information and/or consultation provided from the Services are not intended to be an alternate option to medical exams and/or medical treatments. If you have any concern about your health, you should go see the doctor. In any case, you should not ignore a doctor’s diagnosis or defer your medical exam solely due to information provided from the Services.
(2) Taewon does not recommend any medical test, product and/or treatment that is mentioned in the Services. Opinions given during the Services are subjective opinions of the corresponding medical expert. Taewon takes no responsibilities for the documents and/or consultation provided as a part of the Service.
(3) It is a user’s responsibility to decide whether to accept the information and/or opinions of medical experts, members and/or visitors of this Site. Therefore, Taewon shall not be liable for loss, damage, or disadvantages arising out of using information, products, ideas or instructions given from medical experts, members and/or visitors of this Site.
Chapter 5 Duties
Article 1 Duties of the Company
(1) Taewon is responsible to provide the Services to members, unless there is a special reason not to.
(3) Taewon is responsible to proceed a member’s opinion that has been filed through the required procedure. If it takes a certain period to proceed such opinion, Taewon is responsible to notify the cause of delay and anticipated date of completion of proceeding to the member.
Article 2 Duties for Protection of Members’ Information
(1) Responsibilities for managing the ID and password are borne by members.
(2) Members have to give consent for accepting an email that would be sent as a part of the Services.
(3) When a member detects the illegal use of his/her ID by any third party, he/she has to notify it to Taewon immediately. .
(4) Taewon shall not sell or provide a member’s personal identification information to the third party without consent of the member. Provided, Taewon can use the information that has been provided voluntarily for the following purpose:
A. Providing the information that is required for the development of new features, information and/or services that could be useful to members to developers;
B. Providing statistic information (which does not reveal a member’s identity) on service members and user groups to advertisers;
C. Using the information by the Company to design the Service or advertisement that could appeal its members and/or users.
(5) It is possible that personal identification information (a user’s name, ID, email address and others) is revealed voluntarily through the communication space, such as a bulletin board. Such information can be collected and exploited by the third party. Taewon cannot have any control over such activities. Therefore, Taewon takes no liabilities for disclosure of personal identification information via means that Taewon has no control over.
(7) Taewon can use members’ information and provide it to business partners for provision of the Services.
Chapter 6 Resolution of Dispute
(2) Any legal action or proceeding arising out of execution of the Services is brought in the court with jurisdiction over the seat of the Company.
Consent to Protection of Personal Information
Purpose of Collection of Personal Information
Taewon collects members’ personal information for the following purpose:
- For the identification process for allowing users of using the services of Taewon and/or its affiliated websites, and assignment of a member’ ID
- For execution of the services (Ex. To secure an accurate shipping destination for delivering gifts to event winners)
- For troubleshooting and provision of customized services
- Statistical information on use of the services
- Introduction of new services and/or information
Provided, Taewon does not collective sensitive personal information of which the disclosure poses a risk of infringement of basic rights of a user.
Within the aforementioned scope of personal information, Taewon collects additional information provided from a user voluntarily to provide a more satisfactory service.
Scope of Personal Information to be Collected
Taewon collects personal information as the following to accept the membership application and service application, and to provide the online consultation service.
- List of personal information collected : Name, B.O.D, gender, member ID, password, phone number, address, cellular phone number, email address, social security number, service usage history, access log, cookie, IP information, payment record
- Personal Information Collection Method: Website (membership application, bulletin board, shopping mall)
Periods of Retention and Utilization of Personal Information
The collected personal information shall be destroyed immediately upon accomplishment of its purpose..
- In case of information collected from a membership application – when the member withdraws or gets expelled from the membership
- In case of information collected from the appointment application – upon completion of appointment
Despite of the aforementioned restriction on the period of retention of personal information, the Company can request a member to extend the period of retention if necessary.